A patient-centered medical home is a model of care that strengthens the clinician-patient relationship by replacing episodic care with coordinated care and a long-term healing relationship. Each patient has a relationship with a primary care clinician who leads a team that takes collective responsibility for patient care, providing for the patient’s health care needs and arranging for appropriate care with other qualified clinicians. The medical home is intended to result in more personalized, coordinated, effective and efficient care. A medical home achieves these goals through a high level of accessibility, providing excellent communication among patients, clinicians and staff and taking full advantage of the latest information technology to prescribe, communicate, track test results, obtain clinical support information and monitor performance.
Some examples of medical home transformation at Bay Clinic, Inc. include:
- Being available to provide easy access to care for our patients by having sites open from 7 AM until 6 PM and ensuring a provider is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide clinical advice via phone. See individual locations office hours on our locations page.
- Encouraging patients to provide a complete medical history and information about care obtained outside the practice when you come in for your visit. Documents to help you prepare for your visit can be found on our resources page.
- Providing access to the highest standards of evidence-based care and self-management support. You can find resources to help you manage your care at the following sites:
- Health Education: Learn about Hypertension
- Track your blood pressure
- Health Education: Learn about Diabetes
- Monitor and manage your Diabetes